![]() |
![]() |
| Tragically, it’s not 1970s horror porn! |
![]() |
| Miss Manners does not approve! |
Should being the operative word.
I found CANNIBAL GIRLS to be unbearably slow, with little suspense or humor. Should I blame director Ivan Reitman? Should I blame screenplay writer Robert Sandler? (I can’t in good conscience blame Mr. Sandler since IMDb credits him as writing a handful of episodes of the original Fraggle Rock.) Maybe I should just blame the cast because, according to IMDB, most of the dialogue was…shudder…improvised.
![]() |
| Me watching improv. |
The most interesting thing about CANNIBAL GIRLS is Eugene Levy’s hair.
![]() |
| The new Jan Brady! |
JLH






I agree with you, John. I recently re-watched this to see if I missed anything, but alas, I found it somewhat lacking a second time. It was fun to see Levy and Martin in early roles, though.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Barry! I am relieved that I’m not alone in feeling Cannibal Girls is not as good as it should be. Levy and Martin are the only reasons to watch.
DeleteI think I can safely say you've saved hours of my life I would never have gotten back.
ReplyDeleteGreat review
You’re very welcome and thanks!
DeleteMy favourite pic of John Saxon I should so make that my screensaver... He will now always be Cannibal daddy to me thanks to that post and your choice of picture.
ReplyDeleteCannibal Daddy deserves to be a screensaver!!.,
DeleteExploitation pics should never, ever be improvised ( shudder)! It's good that the principal players of this misfire got it out of their system early in their careers. Thanks John, for warning us off of this one in case it should pop up.on Tubi or YouTube!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Brian and you are welcome!
DeleteI had high hopes, but was so disappointed.