Friday, May 19, 2023

BREAKING NEWS IN STURGEONS!!!!

This just in…

While in the middle of editing DARKENING STURGEONS and HAUNTING STURGEONS into a 2-in-1 print edition, something brand new occurred in my indie author career!  One of my books received a very low rating!  
Cover of Darkening Sturgeons by john L. Harmon shows a desolate road leading into a darkening sky.
A reader purchased DARKENING STURGEONS on May 17th and, within 24 hours, a 1 (out of 5) star ⭐️ rating appeared on Amazon. 
8 Amazon customer ratings for Darkening Sturgeons by John L. Harmon shows 50% gave it 5 stars, 28% gave it 4 stars and 22% gave it 1 star.
There is, as of this post, no review to go along with this low rating, which is disappointing.  I was hoping to use a so-called “bad review” for promotional material!  Plus, I am interested in knowing what the reader found unappealing about my ebook, so I can do more of it in the future!   Oh well, fingers crossed for next time. 

At least I can take comfort in imagining John Waters and the late Andy Milligan being proud of me for unapologetically doing my thing, naysayers be damned!  

Bonus points for me if my books make a conventional reader unconventionally uncomfortable! 😉 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  click the pic ⤵️ to find my books & blogs…for the unconventional readers out there! 😁
A shadowy selfie of the author with one eye highlighted

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea because they weren't brave enough to leave an actual review

    ReplyDelete