Friday, May 5, 2023

In Sight (a poem, of sorts)

Powering on 
my X-ray eyes 
seeing the cruel you 
You bury deep inside 

Reflecting in  
seeing what you see 
but when you laughed 
You didn’t see me 

Switching off 
these see through eyes 
having seen too much of 
You being blind 

Shadowy selfie of a freak wearing headphones, with light reflecting off his mad scientist glasses.
____________
2023, John L. Harmon 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. click the pic for an earlier poem, of sorts…

A ghostly blurry selfie

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My book or ebook of half-blind poems is available from an Amazon near you…

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully put, and powerfully said John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Gill said, this is powerful stuff. It's concise, but packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barry!! That is what I was aiming for.

      Delete