Wednesday, August 5, 2026

HOMEGROWN, a creative event at Chadron Open Art in Chadron, Nebraska on September 5, 2026

I'll just be hanging with the current Poet Laureate of Nebraska and other creative minds in September.

No biggie😅 
Readings by Jewel Rodgers, Stephanie E. Glass, Robert McEwen and John L. Harmon   SATURDAY @ 6PM HOMEGROWN A TRAVELING series  SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th, 2026 @ 6PM Organized by Nebraska State Poet, Jewel Rodgers, Homegrown is a traveling community arts series where everyone is welcome to listen, connect, or share original work. Enjoy a popcorn-style community reading. performances by Jewel and other notable poets, and an open share featuring poetry, stories, music, visual art, and more. Prefer to just listen? Come as you are. Snacks and light refreshments provided. Free and open to all. MADE POSSIBLE BY THE ACADEMY OF AMERICAN POETS CHADRON OPEN ART 223 MAIN STREET, CHADRON NE 69332
That’s how I’ve described the upcoming event in Chadron, Nebraska.  I guess I’m bragging, but also downplaying it, like it’s no big deal.  It is a big deal though.  This opportunity feels like my words are  finally gaining a bit of traction since releasing my first ebook in 2013. 

Hopefully I won’t screw it up, but I also hope the attention doesn’t go to my head.  Becoming an insufferable hoity-toity would not be very becoming. 

NOTE TO SELF
I must remember 
The sun shining 
In my direction 
At this moment 
In this place 
During this time 
Is fleeting 
As a smile 
As a breath 
As life 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
2026, John L. Harmon 

Perhaps I’ll see you at Chadron Open Art on Saturday, September 5th in Chadron, Nebraska.  It should be an amazing experience! 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  My readings will primarily be focused on VISION BENT (half-blind poems), which means I’ll be talking about my chunk of vision loss. 
A pair of mad scientist glasses rest on the  book Vision Bent (half-blind poems) by john L. Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment