Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Projectile Words

I want to scream 
Verbally explode 
Ejecting my thoughts 
My feelings 
Into the atmosphere 
Fiery and furious  
Repressing nothing 
Then I pause 
Knowing futility 
I’ve pulled this trigger 
Too many times 
Always failing 
To hit the mark 
Rage falling 
Upon deaf ears 
Or they make excuses  
Making me feel stupid 
Feel crazy 
Feel like my voice 
Doesn’t matter 
This time I bite 
My tongue 
Almost in half 
Next time though 
I’ll set the world 
Ablaze 
Calling out 
Hypocrisy
Even if I do so 
In vain 
A warped, blurry photo of my face screaming against a deep yellow background
~~~~~~~~~~~~
2026, John L. Harmon 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  poetry can be repetitive, so click the pic for a similarly themed one… ⤵️ 
A selfie where my yellow shirt glows and reflects off my skin
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Poetic Happening is happening soon! 
Readings by Jewel Rodgers, Stephanie E. Glass, Robert McEwen and John L. Harmon   SATURDAY @ 6PM HOMEGROWN A TRAVELING series  SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th, 2026 @ 6PM Organized by Nebraska State Poet, Jewel Rodgers, Homegrown is a traveling community arts series where everyone is welcome to listen, connect, or share original work. Enjoy a popcorn-style community reading. performances by Jewel and other notable poets, and an open share featuring poetry, stories, music, visual art, and more. Prefer to just listen? Come as you are. Snacks and light refreshments provided. Free and open to all. MADE POSSIBLE BY THE ACADEMY OF AMERICAN POETS CHADRON OPEN ART 223 MAIN STREET, CHADRON NE 69332

2 comments:

  1. I can hear your frustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I’m glad my frustration vibrated through my words!

      Delete