Sunday, March 13, 2022

DARK EXCURSIONS (my dream cast)

Gill of Realweegiemidget Reviews is getting ready to read my modern take on gothic romance, which is exciting and a bit nerve-wracking for me.  That’s how I always get when someone announces they are reading one of my books.  Anyhoo, she asked which actors I would cast if DARK EXCURSIONS became a film or TV series.  This wasn’t the easiest question to answer, but I thought I would give it a shot.


So, for better or for worse, meet my dream cast of DARK EXCURSIONS… 

Dark excursions by john l. Harmon

(NOTE - age of actors may not completely fit with characters


Anapola Van Der Van - Nicole Kidman 

Nicole Kidman

(I had her in mind as the manipulative matriarch while writing the book)


Crop HoppinsColin Farrell 

Colin Farrell

(He would exude the former stable boy’s roguish charm and sizzling sensuality)   


Cheryl Van Der Van - Lili Reinhart 

Lili Reinhart

(This RIVERDALE actor would perfectly circumnavigate Cheryl’s emotional growth as she confronts the past)


Dinkel - Josh Hutcherson  

Josh Hutcherson

(I think this HUNGER GAMES actor would easily express the one-armed gardener’s strength and vulnerability)


Xylem Smith - Timothy Olyphant 

Timothy Olyphant

(For some reason, his role in SANTA CLARITA DIET made me imagine him as the busy businessman)  


Luchia Diego-Smith - Salma Hayek 

Salma Hayek

(She would expertly bring out the fierceness and loneliness of this rich housewife)


Ivan Kramnik - Alexander Skarsgård 

Alexander Skarsgård

(He would be brazen, intimidating and sexy as the Russian tennis instructor) 


Dr. Jannette Parker - Gal Gadot 

Gal gadot

(Intelligent, statuesque and mysterious…this WONDER WOMAN actor would be perfect as the psychiatrist harboring a life-altering secret)


Father John Francis - Tobey Maguire 

Tobey Maguire

(Well, if I can’t play the less than faithful priest, then the SPIDER-MAN actor will do nicely) 


Sister Beatrice Cross - Naomi Watts 

Naomi watts

(I pictured her as this sweet, but determined nun when writing the book)


Peter Obelisk - Ross Lynch 

Ross lynch

(This CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA actor looks the part of Xylem’s chauffeur, at least in my mind)


Sheriff Mick Webb - Sam Rockwell 

Sam Rockwell

(He would bring sympathy to this sad, down on his luck lawman) 


Well, that’s my dream cast.  Hope you found it interesting.  There are a few more characters, but I’ll let Gill and other readers cast them.  


For more about Gill and her extremely entertaining entertainment blog, click the pic ⤵️ to experience an eye-opening interview… 👁 


RealWeegiemidget Reviews


For more info or to order a copy of DARK EXCURSIONS, click the pic…⤵️ 


"The character development is quite simply brilliant." - Amazon reader review. Available from Amazon


Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words! 


And a huge THANK YOU to Gill!!!


Freak Out, 

JLH 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don’t forget to check out my recent blog serial…⤵️ 


Haunting Sturgeons


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this... Looking forward to delving in. And don't worry I am sure it's a great read.. after reading your blog serial I know it will be a great read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, those are some inspired choices! Let's hope some TV exec with deep pockets is paying attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete