Tuesday, August 3, 2021

HAUNTING STURGEONS: Prologue

The following is the first installment of HAUNTING STURGEONS It is a sequel to my blog serial from 2013.


(Click here to catch up or refresh your memory of DARKENING STURGEONS


All I can reveal is this new story is set 10 years later.  Now, without further ado, let the HAUNTING begin...

______________


Haunting Sturgeons Prologue by John L. Harmon

What do I remember about the day my hometown was destroyed? 


I remember chaos and panic. 


I remember the traffic jam of fleeing humanity. 


I remember my grieving mother attempting to surround our car in a bubble of calm. 


I remember my grieving father bursting that bubble in a fit of rage at the sight of the lawman striding through the vehicular madness. 


I remember watching my father leave the car to gather a group of men and all of them following the lawman. 


I remember my mother softly telling me to lie down in the backseat and not to worry before leaving me alone in the locked car.


I remember the growing fear, the escalating noise and knowing for a fact not everyone would get out alive.  


I remember silently making a promise to return to Sturgeons one day, for myself...


...for Tommy. 

______________


The HAUNTING continues in...  


Chapter One
click to read

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words! 


Freak Out, 

JLH 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Month! 

New 👁

New Interview! 


The Collective Eye


8 comments:

  1. Intriguing. Can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sense of dread, so far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I'm finally back on board. After reading that, you just know I have to jump right to next chapter. Why do I suspect it won't each the tension at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard, Michael!
      Tension guaranteed! 😁

      Delete