Sunday, May 31, 2020

May Day Daze (May 2020 in Hindsight)

It's been a strange month. 


I haven't felt very creative but I managed to blog a few times and uploaded a couple of videos.  I wrote a short supernatural tale connected to what I had hoped to be a series of stories in 2014.  Then I was inspired to continue my Laundry Day series, which I thought I was done with.  Guess laundry is never-ending.


While filming the above video in my dad's backyard, I heard a cat meow.  I went in and told my sister and she went out to investigate.  My sister came back in with a little kitten. 


No mother or siblings could be found, so we decided to find it a home.  We couldn't leave him at our dad's because his cat Snoopy was ready to pounce on the little guy.  So, we took him home. (We think he's a boy, but we've been wrong before)


Miss Kitty and Orange Baby were not amused, but we felt they could deal with what we assumed would be a  temporary situation.  I called a local radio station show made for such events and posted some adorable pics on Facebook.  No takers.  


I guess we'll keep searching but it's beginning to look like the little guy is already home.  Orange Baby is tolerating him, mostly.  Miss Kitty hates the new intruder, but she at least has stopped growling at me every time I touch her.  That's a start.


On a personal note, one of the two newspapers my sister and I deliver has switched to mail delivery in our area.  I don't think this has anything to do with COVID-19, but it has got me thinking about my post-pandemic career.  The truck stop is on the outskirts of town, but I could walk there, which may lead to pop-up business opportunities.  I'm joking, I think.


Anyhoo...my hopes for June include continuing blogging and maybe visit the library, if it opens to inside foot traffic.  I also hope the violent tragedies in May 2020 will go down in history as the catalyst for a future where people see each other...first, foremost and forever...as human.

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words.

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  My short supernatural tale...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've accomplished quite a bit in May! Good luck with the kitty (you might be stuck with him) and job prospects. Like you, I also hope that the events in May will prompt humanity to act more humane in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barry.
      Oh, I think the kitten is home and today we named him. I'll be officially announcing his moniker soon.
      As for everything else, I'm trying to stay positive, but it's difficult.

      Delete
  3. The kitty is adorable John! I think libraries will be open within the next 2 weeks or so I've heard so fingers crossed hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitten is adorable and rambunctious...and he's at home in my home. 😊

      You hang in there too. And I hope you're right about libraries.

      Delete