Tuesday, February 27, 2018

My DQ Blizzard Bonanza! - Week 18

It was bound to happen.  My name has come up for jury duty.  I wish this would've happened years ago when I was living in a bigger city.  Can you imagine this freakboy at a crime of passion murder trial?  Yeah, I'd probably enjoy the tragic drama a little too much. 

Sadly, I now live in a smaller town where such crimes are less likely to happen, and I am half-blind.  I truly feel my visual impairment would make me a problematic juror.  What if I had to look at photographic evidence or notes from the suspect?  Even while wearing my Mad Scientist Glasses, I miss plenty of detail.  Can you imagine my intense feelings of guilt if my half-blind eyes caused a mistrial?  Ok, depending on the situation, that could be amusing, but I wouldn't want it to happen. 

For the sake of full disclosure, I brought a letter from my optometrist explaining my vision loss to the Judicial Center.  I don't know if my visual impairment will exempt me from jury duty, but at least everyone will be aware.  Since Dairy Queen is literally next door the the Judicial Center, I figured it was as good of time as any for this week's free Blizzard

This Blizzard appears to be devouring the red spoon!

The Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard was good, but it didn't blow my mind.  The chocolate ice cream was a surprise, but I really couldn't taste the salted caramel.  Perhaps the truffles were so severely blended in that the distinct flavor was lost.  I don't know, but I only found a few chunks of truffle.  Another surprising thing was this wasn't as deathly sweet as the Triple Truffle Blizzard, and for that, I'm grateful! 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind, ice cream words.

Freak Out, 
JLH

P.S.  In case you missed Week 17...
______________________
John L. Harmon is...
an indie author - viewAuthor.at/JohnLHarmon
He currently resides left of center in the state of Nebraska and has been visually impaired since December of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment