Thursday, March 1, 2018

DARK EXCURSIONS: first set (5 years later...)

March 2018 marks the 5th anniversery of DARK EXCURSIONS: first set and I want to express immense gratitude to the daring individuals who have taken a chance on my initial twisted tale of love, sex and death.  Your kind words and support have kept me creatively going when the rest of the world seems to scream stop.  Thank you, my awesome readers! 

I also want to thank Jody, my longtime friend and occasional muse, for that one crazy-fun day in the Spring of 2006.  That terrific day ended with hysterical laughter and a list of character names.  Thank you, Jody! 

When I think back to publishing DARK EXCURSIONS: first set in March of 2013, I remember feeling excited, terrified and hopeful.  I still feel these emotions whenever I post on this blog or upload a video to The FreakOptic Files, though age and my chunk of vision loss keep my expectations a bit more realistic than five years ago. 


Thank you for reading my half-blind words.

Freak Out,
JLH

P.S.  The trailer for DARK EXCURSIONS: first set is far from my best video ever, but I still enjoy it.  Probably because it provided a creative use for my vodka bottle photo. ;)

 ______________________
John L. Harmon is...
an indie author - viewAuthor.at/JohnLHarmon
He currently resides left of center in the state of Nebraska and has been visually impaired since December of 2016.

4 comments:

  1. You’ve inspired me for a re-read, John. I enjoyed it first time around ... Time to read it again to see if I get any new discoveries! Thank You for your creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome & thank you, Pete!
      I truly think it's better the second time around! :)

      Delete
  2. Still keen to find out more.. you should give those nice folks who write for certain streaming productions lessons on how to write a good cliffhanger!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill!
      Cliffhangers seem to be my forte, so maybe I could teach them a thing or two. 😁

      Delete