Friday, April 14, 2023

Kaleidoscopic Thought (a poem, of sorts)

I spend too much time in my chaotic mind 
Deconstructing the past 
Downplaying my victories 
Focusing on my failures 
Until I circuitously shift 
Constructing a future 
Full of flagrantly ephemeral   
Possibilities and desires  
Until past and future meet 
Struggling for supremacy  
Fracturing my phantoms 
Leaving only present day me 
Spending too much time in my chaotic mind 

A Kaleidoscope photo shows shadowy thin faces with one eye and light blue lampshades surrounding bursts of orange
____________
2023, John L. Harmon 

This was inspired by the above photo, which I took in 2014 and recently unearthed through Facebook Memories. 

Oh, and happy National Poetry Month! 📜 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  One way to celebrate National Poetry Month… 🤓

Vision bent (half-blind poems) by John L. Harmon
available from an Amazon near you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My books & blogs… 
http://thejlhcollective.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-collective.html

4 comments:

  1. Another wonderful poem, John. The melancholy words complement the photo beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool. It looks lke something out of Tron.

    ReplyDelete