Friday, March 3, 2023

Passing Secrets (a poem, of sorts)

Lips parting 

Tongue straining  

Ready to spill 

The blood 

of truth 

or lies 

or whatever 

secret  

Needs to be 

Shared  

in the moment 

When no one is 

Listening 

Just between 

Us 

and the ears 

We set 

Burning 


Close up of face with a finger against red lips, shushing someone

____________

2023, John L. Harmon 


The preceding was born from a request by a friend to write a poem about secrets.  I hope I fulfilled the request in a satisfactory manner. 


Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 


Freak Out, 

JLH 


P.S.  A book full of other poems, available from an Amazon near you… 

getbook.at/VisionBent 

Vision bent, half blind poems, by john L. Harmon

8 comments:

  1. I feel like I should be listening to you recite this in a beatnik coffee shop. What is the internet equivalent of finger snapping my appreciation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I was a beatnik in a previous life.
      As for snapping fingers, I guess the clickety clack of the keyboard is the modern equivalent!

      Delete
  2. I think your poems are brilliant, thought provoking & occasionally scary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely agree with the scary part

      Delete