Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Reconstruction (a poem, of sorts)

Rip out my 

semi-good eye 

Dare to go 

deep inside 

Behind the damage 

from another time 

Pull out my 

corroded brain 

Hack it into 

jigsaw bits  

Piece it together 

as you see fit 

Creating a 

variation of me 

You can 

deal with 


A visually impaired queer indie author

____________

2023, John L. Harmon


Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 


Freak Out, 

JLH 


P.S. Click the pic for a video poem from a different time… ⤵️

An eye filled up with blood


~~~~~~~~~~~~

My books & blogs… 

http://thejlhcollective.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-collective.html 


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant poem John😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keenly written poem, John! I think I'll be stewing on that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to give food for thought! Thank you, Barry!

      Delete