Friday, October 30, 2020

Tricky Treat Thoughts (October 2020 in Hindsight)


 I know October still has another day, but the library is closed on Saturdays because of the pandemic. 

 
I am pleased with my blogging this month.  Some spooky posts mixed with some personal stuff filled these digital pages.  I was excited to continue my supernatural short story series.  Click INTO THE FOLD if you want to jump in.

I actually released a video for The FreakOptic Files in October.  While it is not a Halloween video, it is all about a Halloween color.  Watch FREAK ORANGE A GO-GO below...⤵️



In book news, the year of Dinkel continues!  A reader from the UK sent me a photo of his copies of my two paperback books.  It always amazes me when someone takes a chance on my words.  I secretly hope he is enjoying DARK EXCURSIONS and VISION BENT while having tea. ๐Ÿ˜  



On a personal note, the mother of one of my best friends passed away this month.  I've known this friend (she inspired Dark Excursions) and her mom since 1996, the year I moved to Omaha.  My half-blind eyes prevent me from driving, but I was able to attend the funeral online.  It was initially weird to watch a live streaming funeral.  It felt like  I was intruding on something private.  However, I was ultimately thankful this option was available. 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words this month.  As for November...all I can promise is I'll keep blogging as long as the library remains open during these turbulent times. 



Be well...

Stay safe...

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  It was 5 years ago this month when I released DARKENING STURGEONS as an e-book....

Ben Straker is dealing with abandonment issues, a potential romance and a town on the verge of chaos after a series of mysterious disappearances...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Collective Eye will open late in November, but here is one more look at October...
๐Ÿ‘


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like October was a very productive month! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barry!
      I'll keep doing what I'm doing! ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete