Tuesday, January 9, 2018

My DQ Blizzard Bonanza! - Week 10

A long time ago at a Dairy Queen not so far away from my own...

BLIZZARD WARS
Episode X
THE RETURN OF THE FIRST FLAVOUR 

It was a young time for the freakboy and he was given the opportunity to try something he had never heard of...a DQ Blizzard.

Without missing a beat, he ordered the M&M'S Blizzard.  He liked ice cream and he liked those candy-coated chocolate bits, so the logic was sound.  The reality, however, was something else. 

He found the ice cream so thick and the M&M'S so frozen that he couldn't finish it.  Chalking it up as an ice cream learning lesson, the freakboy didn't order another Blizzard until 2017 when he discovered the tasty wonder of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Has age changed this freakboy's taste?  Will he embrace the flavour he once discarded?


The M&M'S Blizzard was fine.  The ice cream wasn't as thick as it used to be.  Seriously, it was very soupy within minutes.  However, those candy-coated chocolate bits were as hard and frozen as ever.  Overall, much like The Last Jedi, I guess I'm glad I gave it a chance, but I don't care if I ever experience it again.

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind, ice cream words.

Freak Out, 
JLH

P.S.  In case you missed Week 9...
______________________
John L. Harmon is...
an indie author - viewAuthor.at/JohnLHarmon
He currently resides left of center in the state of Nebraska and has been visually impaired since December of 2016.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard! Like your M&M Story!! I remember not to try it. It sounded disappointing to me! My Runner Up is Oreo Cookie Blizzard. Thank You for Sharing, John!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking of trying the Orro next week!
      Thank you for reading, Pete!

      Delete