Friday, January 19, 2018

My DQ Blizzard Bonanza! - Week 11

It's been a long week in my New Year's Revolution, full of raw emotions, battered feelings, and a casualty or two.  Not literally, as in dead.  More like a change in what I'm willing to put up with and who I can count on. 

Even during this raging internal battle, the revolution continues full steam ahead.  The online home for my curious concoctions is slowly, but steadily, becoming a reality.  If 2018 has taught me anything, it's that I can be productive even when I'm down. 

Which brings me to this week's Blizzard.  I've been worried that I'm getting...dramatic sting...tired of Blizzards!  It feels like ever since I emulated that certain scene from When Harry Met Sally with the Turtle Pecan Cluster Blizzard, the proceeding ice cream treats have been...not so spellbinding.  So, I decided to go with something simple this week, holding no severe expectations, either way.


The Oreo Cookies Blizzard was really good.  I am not the hugest fan of Oreos, but I kept an open mind and scooped a red spoonful out. "Simply delicious!" is what I exclaimed, and I meant it on a couple of  levels.  The vanilla ice cream full of pulverized Oreos was delicious and direct.  This  uncomplicated confection was exactly what I needed after a long week. 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind, ice cream words.

Freak Out, 
JLH

P.S.  In case you missed Week 10...
______________________
John L. Harmon is...
an indie author - viewAuthor.at/JohnLHarmon
He currently resides left of center in the state of Nebraska and has been visually impaired since December of 2016.

3 comments:

  1. I like Oreos because they are better when they are stale. They assume an odd softer texture. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting.
      I've never tasted a stale Oreo. I may have to open my mind & mouth to that taste sensation.
      Thanks for reading, Hugh!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete