Friday, December 15, 2023

Killer Nature (a poem, of sorts)

Take my hand 
As we stroll 
Through the flowering fields
Until our feet meet with thorns
Infection quickly spreads 
Losing the need for shoehorns 

Take my hand 
As we hobble 
Through the wandering woods 
Until a full hugging tree 
Slaps our smiling faces   
Leaving us with nothing to see  

Take my hand 
As we feel 
Through the silent shrubbery   
Until aromas make us crave 
Sweet berry poison  
Leading us to nature’s grave 

Black and white Photo of a leafless tree silhouetted by a dark sky with its shadow reaching out.
____________
2023, John L. Harmon 

I asked a friend for a poetry topic and she suggested nature The above words were the result. 🌳🪦

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. click the pic ⤵️ for a different poem inspired by a different friend… 

Orange photo of a face placing a finger to lips
~~~~~~~~~~~~
My books on Amazon… viewAuthor.at/JohnLHarmon 
3 books by John L. Harmon  include vision bent (half-blind poems), sturgeons (the complete serials), and dark excursions (the complete set

2 comments:

  1. Excellent poem. I love the juxtaposition of the bucolic with the morose. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barry! I think you've described every book I've read in the Eco group! 😂

      Delete