Sunday, December 31, 2023

4 things I don’t totally hate from 2023…

I’ve been going through the “everything I write is 💩” phase again.  This feeling comes and goes and will hopefully pass soon.  Until then, here are 4 things I don’t totally hate from 2023…

(You know the drill…click the pics ⤵️ to read, watch or whatever…)

1…  I released STURGEONS  (the complete serials) and now there are over 50 copies in the hands of readers around the world.  
A copy of sturgeons the complete serials by john L. Harmon
(Photo courtesy of The Dobson Family Archive)
2…. I was inspired to write a poem by a freaky doll in the window of a local auction house and I still dig its dark humor. 
A freaky murder doll sitting among antiques
(Photo courtesy of The Demonic Auction House)
3…. I purchased a new pair of shoes and ended up creating a video which has been called my best. 
The pinkish poster for new shoes, a video for the FreakOptic files shows a blue denim clad leg with a fancy shoe
(Poster courtesy of The FreakOptic Files)
4…. I was interviewed by a local newspaper reporter about my books and chunk of vision loss.  I still appreciate that the article appeared on the page opposite the obituaries. 
A large newspaper article from the Custer County chief about sturgeons the complete serials and its author John L. Harmon
(Article courtesy of Custer County Chief)
Thank you for your support of my creative endeavors in 2023 and I will half-see you in 2024.
A yellowish selfie of a freak with short hair wearing mad scientist glasses and a purplish shirt
I don’t totally hate this selfie
Freak Out, 
JLH 

 P.S.  One more thing from 2023… I experienced the script to what could be my favorite Andy Milligan film if a print is ever found. 
The title page of the script to Andy Milligan’s tricks of the trade

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year John, and reading, casting and reviewing your book was the highlight of my year.. looking forward to more of the same in 2024 (and beyond??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and happy New Year to you, Gill! I love your review and casting and look forward to your thoughts on sturgeons in 2024! And thank you for the delicious chocolate! The one in the yellow package is the only one I've tried so far and it is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, John! Keep on writing - I'll keep reading. All-in-all, it looks like you've had quite an eventful 2023. Here's looking to an even better 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barry and happy 2024 to you!
      You keep reviewing films and I'll keep reading them too! Looking forward to any future Andy Milligan reviews and especially since you've read the biography!

      Delete
  3. John, we need your rare brand of humor and ardent Andy Milligan advocacy more than ever in 2024! I see great things ahead, including a certain blogathon coming at the end of March that you'll want to get in on... 😉 Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brian and happy 2024! Oh, I'm sure there will be more Milligan reviews this year and I'll definitely keep an eye open for a certain blogathon!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year John, and Congratulations on your Sunshine Award,

    https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2024/01/04/news-its-2024-and-realweegiemidgets-sunshine-award-nominees-are/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so enjoy reading your works! love the new shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete