Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Caught Waiting (a poem of sorts)

Words caught 
Like fragments 
Of glass 
Coating my throat 
Blood flowing 
Away from 
What I could write 
All I could say 
Until my mouth 
Closes up 
Until my thoughts 
Run dry 
And I wait 
For the day 
When my eyes 
Completely fail 
To see the world 
And all it meant 
And what 
It never seemed 
To me 
Shadowy selfie with a ghostly light illuminating my mad scientist glasses eyes, my nose, and my mouth.
I should use this as my obit pic
____________
2023, John L. Harmon 
Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. Are you aware October is Blindness Awareness Month?  (Click the pic ⤵️ for my post from 2022
Photo of the book, vision bent, half-blind poems by john L Harmon with mad scientist glasses in front of it

5 comments:

  1. I was not aware of October being Blindness Awareness Month.
    I love your poem! Thanks for being you John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you! I only learned of blindness awareness month last year!

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful, haunting poem John & helps us see the world through your eyes. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete