Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sweltering Blurry Summer (August 2020 in Hindsight)

It's been a hot month.


Creatively, I can't complain.  I've spent the month writing something, anything, each day.  Some words may become part of this blog but most will be relegated to the digital paper archive.  This is my soul.

I've blogged a few times this month, but I expect each post will be my last.  So far Ive been able to use the old "Legacy" Blogger interface but irreversible change is looming.  I stopped practicing on the new interface when I inadvertently reverted a number of posts to drafts.  I managed to fix this potentially devastating mishap, but that was it.  I will wait and see if I can still blog when the new interface permanently takes its crappy, confusing hold.  This is my worry.

I also managed to release a video for The FreakOptic Files after a dry spell in July.  It's another installment in my riveting, never-ending Laundry Day series.  Creatively, I love my LD series.  Statistically, they are some of my least viewed videos.  Clearly, I don't give a crap what the mainstream public wants. This is my truth. 


Personally, I'm trying to remain calm as my country heads toward oblivion, no matter who wins the November U.S. Election.  The losing side, whichever side it is, will cry foul and unprecedented chaos will erupt.  This is my fear.

Throw in the continuing pandemic for added good-time fun.  The number of COVID-19 cases have been minimal in my county in Nebraska and are technically still low in comparison.  However those numbers have grown more rapidly in August.  From March to July there were only 43 cases.  This month has, as of this writing, added 30 more.  This is my paranoia. 

Thankfully, my cats convinced me to start a band (John and the Pussycats) to escape my worry, fear and paranoia for awhile.  This is my heart. 


Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

See you in September. 


Hopefully.

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. Another reader ordered a copy of DARK EXCURSIONS.  Maybe my 2020 will go down as the year of Dinkel. ❤️


4 comments:

  1. Nice post, as always. I'm still not crazy about the new Blogger interface either, but I suspect it's a much bigger concern for you. Here's hoping you can keep the old interface or find a different solution. Looking forward to more posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barry.
      I'll figure something out when the time comes.

      Delete
  2. I, as usual, am pretty oblivious to changes in the systems that get used and muddle right along with the new Blogger stylings. Thanks for the post and best of luck on your recording career with the cats. Be Well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Ernie!
      I'll figure something out for my blog. Hopefully.

      As for the band, I think the cats are going to replace me! 😂

      Delete