Thursday, December 1, 2016

The TV Freak: NETFLIX 


First, yes, December's blog theme is television.  If this offends your delicate, highbrow senses, then stop reading this and continue to look down upon the world from your hypocritical ivory tower.

Second, yes, I finally took a sip from the streaming punch and subscribed to NETFLIX.  What did it take to pull me, at least temporarily, into the 21st Century?  The answer is two films (Pee Wee's Big Holiday and Mascots) and two series...

GILMORE GIRLS: A YEAR IN THE LIFE - Admittedly, I'm not a longtime, die-hard fan of the original series. It wasn't even on my radar until last year when a friend heavily suggested I watch.  Thankfully, ABC FAMILY/FREEFORM was showing repeats, so I watched with severe skepticism.  The quirky small town characters quickly won me over, so I knew I would want to see what happens next.  As for the new episodes, I am halfway finished and overall I am enjoying them.  Emily Gilmore is the real reason to watch, which doesn't surprise me at all. 

STRANGER THINGS - I've been told this show is right up my alley.  I haven't watched any episodes yet, but I've liked Winona Ryder since Lucas and Heathers, so I suspect I'll enjoy this series.  
If I have time, I hope to squeeze in some Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Black Mirror.  I say if I have time because I'm not certain I'll continue past the free first month.  Without Internet or wi-fi at home, I don't know if I can justify even 10 dollars a month.  Though, before logging offline yesterday, I noticed it appears there are some series and films that can be downloaded to watch offline.  If this is true, then my one month decision may be in a state of flux.

I guess only limited time will tell.

Freak Out,
JLH

P.S.  Click NOVEMBER to read the post that inspired December's theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment