Saturday, December 31, 2022

Flushing away 2022…

2022 hasn’t been complete crap, but there’s been plenty of it, both personally and worldwide.  So here is a New Year’s card I made for my sister (and others) at the end of 2003.   

A folded piece of paper with handwritten text that reads, A forget me.  Not!  Card. The initials JLH are in the bottom left corner.

Handwritten text reads, Margaret, Have an un-crappy new year!  John.  P.S. We can only hope.  Below the text is a cartoon of two women standing by a public restroom.  “What a stench,” remarks the curly blond haired woman.  “I can’t even open my eyes!” exclaims the smooth red haired woman.  A flushing sound emerges from the restroom and an underground pipe, connected to a water fountain, begins gurgling.   “I am so thirsty,” thinks a brown haired man as he approaches the fountain with water flowing out.  Meanwhile, am eavesdropping underground troll questions what is happening on the surface.

My sister and I unearthed this 19-year old relic during the process of moving this year and it seemed appropriate.  So, have an un-crappy New Year and thanks for visiting.  I think my blog has finally earned its name this year and hopefully I’ll continue to open up a bag of freak on all of you in 2023! 🤪


Freak Out, 

JLH 


P.S.  Click the pic ⤵️ for my most viewed tale of 2022…

A scene of two nice boys staring at the camera in Ed wood’s take it out in trade


2 comments:

  1. It's always fun discovering the surprises that each blog post has in store for me, and this one is no exception. Thanks for this trip down memory lane, John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Barry and I think the surprises will continue in 2023!

      Thanks for all of your support

      Delete