Monday, June 8, 2020

The world I want to live in...


This is a screenshot of a photo I took in 2016.

It represents the world I want to live in.

A world where we celebrate our diversity.  

A world where we embrace our similarities. 

A world where humanity finally realizes that we are all in this very short life together. 

May the peaceful protests in the name of George Floyd be the first step into a brave new world of unity. 

#BlackLivesMatter 
#Pride 
#PowerToThePeople 
#AllTogether 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this world will not instantly appear overnight, but, despite my cynical-pessimistic nature, I believe humanity can be remarkable if we choose to be so.

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words.

Freak Out, 
John L. Harmon 

6 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! Powerful words, John, which needed to be said. Here's hoping for a better world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just writing what I've been feeling strongly about lately, but thank you, Barry.

      Delete
  2. Really it is a very simple wish, isn't it? And yet it is so hard to achieve. My daughter and I have been talking a lot about this. I put my hopes in her and those like her for whom anger and hate seem to be completely foreign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.
      A simple wish but such a complex situation.
      hopefully your daughter and my nieces and nephews will contribute to this brave New world.

      Delete