Tuesday, November 21, 2017

My DQ Blizzard Bonanza! - Week 3

Freakboy Fun Fact:  I detest whip cream, almost as much as I detest GALACTICA 1980.

Even as a child, I felt pie and other desserts were ruined by this glop of white stuff.  It's too sweet and instead of enhancing the dessert's flavor, whip cream covers the original tasty taste.  Obviously, I'm in the minority here, so direct your vicious digital diatribes to your trash bin, which is just where whip cream belongs!  

Though, I will admit that, maybe, there are situations where whip cream is tolerable, but that is a very different blogpost for a different time, probably after dark.

As for the following Thanksgiving-related Blizzard, I inquired if I could 86 the whip cream.  Like asking a Godfather, my special request was granted, so hopefully I don't wake up tomorrow to find a mutilated red DQ spoon next to me.
 

Just say NO to whip cream, but always say YES to nutmeg! 

The Pumpkin Pie Blizzard surprised me!  Truthfully, I wasn't expecting to overly enjoy it, but I wanted to try something different.  "This seriously tastes like a pumpkin pie!" is what I exclaimed after my first lip-smacking spoonful.  Another surprising aspect was the bits of pie crust mixed into the smooth pumpkin ice cream.  The sprinkle of nutmeg was the cherry on top of the sundae, so to speak.

Thank you for reading my half-blind, ice cream words.

Freak Out, 
JLH

P.S.  In case you missed Week 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment