Monday, November 6, 2017

Android John Gets Naked


Last November I said I'd let the world spin and see where it would take me.

One year later and the world has taken me nowhere, but it did take a chunk of my vision.

To say this year has been difficult is the understatement of the year.  Anger, confusion, sadness and frustration were the cornerstones of my new half-blind life.  Sadness and frustration still envelop me when reality becomes too real by thinking about what's next..

Let's face it, my left eye had a stroke, which was my body's opening salvo on existence.  This means my story will most likely end sooner rather than later.   

Grains of sand quickly slipping through the hourglass...this is what I hear when I remove my ears.

A hazy, so-called future...this is what I see when I remove my eyes.

Still, I can't ignore the fact I have kept a part of my pre-visually impaired life alive by creating videos and even blogging again.  These projects have kept me sane or at least distracted me from morbid, but truthful thoughts.

Yes, there are things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year.  I just need to focus, but it's not easy when I see too much every time I open my half-blind eyes.

Thank you for reading, and Happy Birthday to me.

Freak Out,
JLH

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, John! Know that you have friends that care about you and want to see you become the very best you can be! Here’s hoping that this next year is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly cruel how the Fates can alter what we lay out for our lives. It has been nice seeing you become a vlogger more to turn what was a shocking tragedy into a normal state for you. We know your pre-vision loss normal state wasn't really normal so is abnormal in your world anything less than normal? Hmm....I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gary...and that is a fascinating question!

      Delete