Thursday, March 31, 2016

Just another Thursday post…


I peeked through old files in an attempt to find something to blog about today.  Something to fill the promise I made to myself to post at least once a week.  My peeking was futile.  Instead of dusty old words from my past, here are some of my dusty old thoughts from the present.

 

I can’t get excited about something if it involves being around groups of people, but pizza helps.

 

I can’t wait to start reading Theodore Dreiser’s “Trilogy of Desire”.

 

I haven’t tweeted since Monday, but I have been online.

 

I wasn’t online Wednesday, which is often my offline day.

 

Social Media can sometimes feel like the loneliest place in the universe.

 

They say write what you know, so I write about emotionally damaged people.

 

I downloaded the e-books of Dark Excursions onto my Kindle App over the free weekend, because even I wouldn’t pay for my words.

 

Silence is a nice way of having nothing nice to say.

 

I’m often faced with silence.

 

I lost my “the world is wonderful and everything is peachy-keen terrific” mask, if I ever even owned such an annoying and unrealistic thing.

 

I need more caffeine today, or a nap.

 

Freak Out,

JLH

 

P.S.  Here is a post from a Tuesday past…

3 comments:

  1. Can understand and relate, John! If it's any help, I enjoy reading your words and expressions! They say so much, in many different ways. You are a gifted writer that shares many different sides of yourself! Don't Change, John for anyone or anything! Be who you were meant to be! An Awesome human being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Pete on this you are pretty awesome as a friend, a person and as a writer. One day the world will know this when Anapola is the most popular babies name and the origin discovered via your book. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete