Monday, August 11, 2014

The Spark


I sit here, attempting to focus on editing my own writing.  Not so much the words, just how they will look on paper.  Making sure sentences and paragraphs fall into reasonable alignment.  Nothing will be perfect, but I’ll be pleased if it looks presentable.

Yet, I am distracted by an unexpected occurrence.  Probably nothing earth shattering, but it is enough to occupy my impatient mind.  I don’t even want to say what exactly this occurrence is, because I fear it would make it less real, or a complete figment of my feverish imagination.

Suffice it to say that a spark has been detected in the surrounding darkness.  Maybe I shouldn't get excited about it, but maybe I should.  I don’t know.  All I know is that it is nice to feel something other than nothing.


Be well, Readers, and Freak Out,
JLH

2 comments:

  1. Dammit! I don't like being teased or surprises. I demand to know. WHAT?!?!?!? Tell me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore cliffhangers, so consider this...

      TO BE CONTINUED...

      Delete