Friday, April 7, 2023

Ode to an Auction House Murder Doll (a poem, of sorts)

Wake me up at midnight 
Remind me that I’m bold 
Blur the lines of wrong and right 
In my fractured heart of cold 

Whisper to me at midnight 
Secret names I should dispose 
Sending them to heavenly light 
With neither tear nor rose 

Put an end to me at midnight 
When your use for me is done 
Allowing death without a fight 
Cherishing all our bloody fun 

A creepy doll waving from a window
____________
2023, John L. Harmon 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. click the pic for an ode from a different time…

Pansy Faye from dark shadows

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My book of half-blind poems is available at an Amazon near you…

Vision bent, half blind poems, by john L. Harmon

11 comments:

  1. This would make a great video short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and that crossed my mind as well.

      Delete
    2. Do it, you have a great voice

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Maybe I'll think about it 🤓

      Delete
  2. Creepy poem for a creepy doll. Well done! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This is cool! It kinda gives me Nine Inch Nails vibes.

    ReplyDelete