Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Ghost in an Echo (a poem, of sorts)

I keep going 

Because 

I need it 

The challenges  

The creativity 

Even though 

I’m hard 

on myself 

Believing 

I’m unworthy 

Believing 

the voices 

From the past 

From inside 

That I’m nothing 

That I’m shit 

That I don’t exist 

Just an echo  

From a 

long ago 

dream 

Faintly reverberating 

Through space  

Through time 

Until 

there is 

nothing 

left 

of 

me 

A ghostly selfie with my face blurred and obscured by white light

____________

2023, John L. Harmon 


This poem was written while listening to the lonely ghost on the sun” by Blue Sun Chasing, an incredible sonic creation which can be experienced through Bandcamp. 


A screenshot of the lonely ghost in the sun by blue sun chasing

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words.


Freak Out, 

JLH 


P.S.  click the pic for a thematically related video from 2016… ⤵️ 


A silhouette of a person with parted hair and glasses in front of trees and a sunset

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My books & blogs… 

http://thejlhcollective.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-collective.html

2 comments:

  1. Powerful words, John! Self-doubt and self-loathing seem to go hand in hand with many creative folks (myself included), and your poem really hit home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barry!
      It comes and goes like the tide.

      Delete