Tuesday, October 13, 2020

FOOTFALL JOE (verse two)

 One of the early videos in The FreakOptic Files was a creepy little poem called FOOTFALL JOE...




As visually simple as that video was to shoot, the multi-layered audio, with varying speeds, gave me hours of frustration back in 2017.  FOOTFALL JOE is far from my most-viewed FreakOptics video, but it holds a special place in my horror heart.

Cut to 2020... 

While recently digging through my unreleased words, I unearthed a sequel to FOOTFALL JOE, written in early 2018.  I vaguely recall attempting a video but failing to capture the perfect visuals.  So, I abandoned the project and forgot all about it...

Until now...


_______________

FOOTFALL JOE (verse two) 

You best beware 
of the blinding snow 

For it won't stop 
Ol' Footfall Joe 

He will patiently wait 
behind a tree 

And follow you home 
or wherever you flee 

Then he'll steal you away 
and remove your light 

But only in 
the dead of night 

2018 / 2020, John L. Harmon 
_______________

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind spooky words!

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. A very short scary story from the vault...

2 comments:

  1. I'm appropriately creeped out! Now I have another reason to look over my shoulder at night. Nice work, John! 👍

    ReplyDelete