Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Selfish November

These are the facts... 

November is my birthday month. 

My birthday, tragically, falls on Election Day. 

This is my second birthday since losing a chunk of my vision. 

I traditionally keep my birthday celebrations low-key. 

This is the promise...

I promise to do at least one nice thing for myself every single day in November.  

The nice thing might be as simple as listening to one of my favorite albums or watching a film I adore.  

Perhaps I'll take myself out to dinner at a special restaurant that I rarely visit.  

Maybe I'll splurge one day and purchase something slightly extravagant that I absolutely don't need but totally want. 

I may even do something I've been thinking about since April 2015.  I think it would be fun and awesome to order a copy of DARK EXCURSIONS and discreetly leave it behind at a restaurant or coffee shop or someplace.  In the fantasies of my delusional mind, someone finds my book, reads it, enjoys my emotionally damaged characters, and then passes it along to a like-minded friend. 

This is the first nice thing...

I started watching one of my favorite television series today. SWINGTOWN originally aired on CBS during the summer of 2008.  This series about young love and open marriage only lasted one season, but I've never stopped watching because I love the characters and how they change and grow throughout the 13 episodes. 

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words. 

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S. I briefly blogged about SWINGTOWN in December 2016...

2 comments: