Saturday, August 18, 2018

It's hard out here for a pimp & an indie author...

The hardest part about being an indie author is finding readers. 

The 2nd hardest part about being an indie author is finding readers who leave a review.*

The 3rd hardest part about being an indie author is reading another author's book without becoming more critical of your own work. 

The 4th hardest part about being an indie author is writing a review of another authors book without projecting your own insecurities as a writer into it. 

*I recently discovered that I am not allowed to leave reviews on Amazon because I don't meet their minimum purchase requirement and because I use Amazon gift cards to make purchases instead of a credit/debit card.  So, leaving a review may be harder than usual for an indie author

Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words.

Freak Out, 
JLH 

P.S.  Sometimes I feel like a pimp when I send out my books all dressed up in a tweet or post, hoping to find someone willing to pay for the pleasure they provide.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you need to blitz Twitter with provocative musings from your books. You might get people to follow you, tag you, spread the word. Regardless of how you feel about the Twitterverse it is far rwaching.

    ReplyDelete