Monday, October 2, 2017

Meanwhile in the Valley of the Dolls...(a gritty, beautiful dream)

-For Dr. Jones-

I know it was a dream because I could see just fine.

We were sitting on the tiled floor of a seedy gas station lavatory.  Your back was leaning against a faded green wall, your legs spread out, forming a V to accommodate me.  I was leaning back against your chest, staring up at the harsh fluorescent lighting, its electric hum filling our ears.

You gently placed two dolls in the palm of my hand.  They were little and white, almost resembling aspirin, but they were not so simple.  I knew you knew me, and I knew these two pills would contain what I needed.

I tilted my head up to see you.  You looked upon me with your kind expression and promised to watch over me.  Trusting you completely, I turned my attention back to the dolls and leaned forward, swallowing them without water.

As I settled back against your chest and once again gazed into the fluorescent lighting, I felt your arms wrapping tenderly around me.  Your embrace made me feel comfortable and secure, and I knew everything would be alright, no matter what happened next.
-------------

Well, that's all of my gritty, beautiful dream.
Thank you for reading my half-blind nonsense.

Freak Out,
JLH

P.S.  Related posts...
freakboy on film: BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS
freakboy classics: THE DAY

2 comments:

  1. Says so very much ... in an interesting kind of way! Enlightening!! Thank You For Sharing, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pete!
      I knew I had to type this one out when I woke up!

      Delete